PAHCS offers several options when becoming a new member:
Click on an option below to select and go to the signup page
Who we are:
The Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists (PAHCS) is a communications network and member support system dedicated to enhancing the compliance, documentation, and reimbursement capabilities of healthcare coders.
Through increased knowledge of coding principles, changes in coding policies, and the experiences of fellow coders in resolving coding challenges, PAHCS members confidently code for maximum and honest reimbursement.
Who can join:
In joining PAHCS, you become linked with thousands of healthcare coders within all medical specialties across the nation. You become an important connection in a support system that is continually strengthened by the involvement and dedication of its members. While membership is most beneficial to medical practice coders, there is no practice restriction for membership.
- Identification as a professional
- Quarterly newsletter, "Coding Network News"
- Certified Specialty Coder status eligibility – Active Members
- Nationwide network of friends and colleagues in specialty coding areas
- Membership directory
- Access to our member's site and ListServ network online with other members to keep informed or help solve coding problems
- Opportunities to serve as a National Officer or on a National Functional Committee
- Attendance at the annual national conference
- Scholarship opportunities
There are also additional benefits to becoming a certified medical coder, including:
Recognize your skills and qualifications as a coding specialist because of the strict requirements and qualification guidelines of our certification process.
Employers recognize PAHCS for it's requirements in certifying coders, and prefer employing coders who are certified. They know that a coder who is certified will be an asset to their workforce.
You will be able to network with other coders, employers, and others through the unique networking programs that we have in place.
Education is a key part of PAHCS, and you will continually be updated on the latest coding changes as well as learn new skills that will assist you in your career.